Here is the recipe from our third nom.com video.
Ingredients: Chopped frozen spinach (that has defrosted), fresh cilantro, flour tortillas, lime, shredded cheese, refried beans, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for greasing the pan), Garnishes of your choice
Hardware: A stove top/ induction, spatula, cutting board, small pan, plate, spoon, pan, knife, can opener (if you are using canned beans), a gallon size plastic bag(if you are going to freeze the quesadillas)
Instructions: 1. Wash your hands.
2. Place a tortilla on your cutting board.
3. If you are using canned refried beans, open the can using a can opener. heat them up in a small sauce pan
4. Take a spoonful or two of your beans and spread it all on half of the tortilla. The beans will act like glue and hold the quesadilla together.
5. Put your spinach in the palm of your hand and squeeze over a bowl. Doing this will drain out the excess water from the spinach.
6. Take a small amount of spinach and evenly distribute it on the same side that you spread the beans.
7. Using about a handful of cheese, sprinkle it all over the side where you put the beans and the spinach. The cheese will also act as glue and hold the quesadilla together.
8. Either fold the other half of the tortilla on the half with all the fillings.
9. With adult supervision, heat up your stove to medium with a pan big enough to fit your quesadilla in it.
10. If you want your quesadillas to be extra crispy, put a little bit of olive oil on the pan before you put down the quesadilla. If not, skip that part and just put the quesadilla on the pan.
11. Once the quesadillas cool down, you can squeeze some lime on them and put any garnishes of your choice. Some suggestions are: tomatoes, cilantro, guacamole, plain Greek yogurt (as a substitute to Sour cream), and salsa
Cheers, Sonia Chang